Transfusion Medicine (Blood Centre)
The Department of Transfusion Medicine at Vishesh Jupiter is listed among the top blood centers in the country, catering to the needs of patients who are in need of blood transfusion. With round-the-clock availability, the facility is always ready to offer necessary support to various different departments in handling the most complex cases and addressing any kind of emergency. Apart from blood transfusion, the center offers other leading-edge facilities like sample blood component therapy, cellular therapy, therapeutic apheresis, and laboratory diagnostics.
The hospital adheres to very strict benchmarks when it comes to quality control and safety measures. Our transfusion procedures are backed by research-based evidence and complemented by world-class innovations that follow a stringent quality management protocol. We seamlessly thrive to offer the highest standards of service to the patients with up to the minute blood collection, transfusion, and screening modalities. The centre is manned by a team of immensely specialized and skilled experts.
Areas of Specialization
- Blood donation – Hospitals are in continuous need of human blood for the treatment and management of a wide spectrum of diseases and ailments and since there is no known substitute for human blood yet, this need can only be fulfilled by blood donation. A healthy adult can donate about half a litre of his/her blood. During the procedure, you will be asked to lie down on a table and relax. The blood will be drawn intravenously and then separated into the respective components once the amount is collected.
- Apheresis – This is just like blood donation, the only difference being that it only collects the specific components of the blood that are required by the recipient. The remaining blood components are returned back to the donor. The procedure involves the use of a specialized machine that makes it easier to separate the blood components
- Therapeutic phlebotomy for polycythaemia/hemochromatosis – At Vishesh Jupiter, therapeutic phlebotomy is offered as an integral component for treating a wide range of medical ailments like hemochromatosis, acquired iron overload, and polycythaemia vera. This involves the intentional removal of blood from the patient’s body so as to reduce iron overload.
Why choose Vishesh Jupiter?
- Round the clock availability – The blood centre is open 24/7, offering easy accessibility to the best blood transfusion services at all times. You can connect with us anytime at your convenience.
- Highly specialized team – The centre is manned by a highly specialized team committed to offering unparalleled care to the patients and that too with strict adherence to very high standards of quality.
- Hassle-free services – To make sure that your experience with us is completely hassle-free, we offer uncompromised care and guidance on every step. Our team is readily available to assist you with all the reliable information.