When to consult a dermatologist?
Skin is the body’s first life of defence which is exposed to various environmental factors, natural aging, and general health issues that leads to changes in the skin appearance. When the person begins to worry about the aesthetic looks or feel unpleasant with anything on the skin surface, then one should consult a dermatologist to get their concern effectively treated.
A dermatologist is a specialized doctor for the evaluation and treatment of various skin, nail, and hair concerns. They also show expertise in treating conditions that affect delicate tissues lying in the mouth, nose, and eyelids, or mucous membranes.
The most common reasons for which people visit a dermatologist include therapeutics for skin problems like acne, skin lesions, pigmentation or discoloration, and skin rashes. Other than cosmetic and medical skin conditions, a dermatologist is also the first one to observe the various signs and symptoms of underlying medical conditions. At the department of dermatology at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital, Best multispeciality hospital in Indore the experienced and expert dermatologist provides treatment for all dermatological concerns with proper diagnosis and screening, the skin and hair experts also offer advanced treatment for addressing cosmetic issues of their patients.
Reasons to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist:
Some of the most common conditions of the skin, hair, and nails screened and treated by Best dermatologist doctor in Indore at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital includes:
- Stubborn acne: This includes all types of acne like comedones, pimples, and cystic acne. If the person has tried all kinds of cleansers, fad diets, and over-the-counter products but still is not able to see any visible change in the acne then there is no harm in seeing a dermatologist. A skin doctor can evaluate the skin condition and accordingly prescribe acne treatment.
- Dermatitis: It covers all skin conditions associated with redness, dryness, inflammation, and itching such as eczema (most common atopic dermatitis), allergic reactions, and cradle cap. A dermatologist can perform some tests and examine the skin and recommend medicines to ease the condition.
- Pigmentation and skin discoloration: Dermatologists can treat hyperpigmentation by various methods such as topical application of certain lightening creams, microdermabrasion, Intense Pulsed Light therapy, chemical peel, or laser peel.
- Skin-aging issues: It includes the treatment of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin by various procedures such as laser toning, bo-to-x injections, dermal fillers, and chemical peels to improve the skin texture and color.
- Skin infections: Dermatologists can help identify the source of skin infections generally caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi and prescribe appropriate treatments.
- Excess sweating: If people sweat more of the face, head, palms, soles, and underarms such that they are unable to focus on their social and work life, then the dermatologist shall be consulted to get to the root of the problem.
- Skin warts: These are the benign growths present on the skin surface caused by an infection. Mostly they are harmless but can be removed by dermatologists for cosmetic purposes or when they start to hurt. Some of the methods include the use of certain peeling medications, laser treatment, cryotherapy, or minor surgical excision.
- Cold sores: These are small and painful fever blisters or oral herpes caused by an infection of gums, mouth, or lips. If they break out every month, it’s time to consult the dermatologist.
- Hair loss (Alopecia): It can be caused by hormonal changes, stress, or any underlying illness. A dermatologist helps in finding out the reason for hair loss and suggests a possible treatment plan. It includes laser therapies, P-R-P therapy, mesotherapy, and hair transplants.
- Nail problems: Some of the common nail issues addressed by dermatologist include nail separation, spotted nails, ingrown nails, and discolored nails.
- Skin cancer: People with warning signs of skin cancer of any body part can be diagnosed and treated by a dermatologist. If any patch of skin or a mole has changed in its color, size, and shape, it requires medical attention by a certified dermatologist. The skin that persistently scratch, scab, hurt, bleeds or itch shall be examined for skin cancer. Routine health check-ups are important at least once a year to diagnose early the signs of skin cancer.
Today, there are many advanced treatment solutions available at the dermatology department at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital that make the person no longer self-conscious. Dermatologists can help their patient decide the best treatment to let them feel good about the skin by offering them the best care and treatment.
Vishesh Jupiter Hospital is one of the best super specialty hospitals where treatment for all types of medical concerns is provided by leading doctors. To treat any type of health concern consult now with the best and leading cardiologist, gynecologist, oncologist, and urologist doctor in Indore at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital.