The Gastrointestinal department at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital offers a comprehensive and state-of-the-art service to our outpatient and inpatient patients. Our department is staffed by experienced and esteemed gastroenterologists, valuable medically acclaimed doctors, experienced and compassionate paramedical staff, and well-trained technicians. The purpose of the department is to maintain a patient-focused approach.
Our multidisciplinary treatment approach contributes to our patient’s health by drawing together the brightest of minds to consult on each patient. Depending on the case, we work with distinct types of surgeons and medical and radiologists, surgical oncologists, and nurses to provide the best outcomes. Patients have access to the competence of all surgeons and staff in one accessible place. We bring the best doctors to the patient instead of the other way around.
Why Choose Vishesh Jupiter Hospital for GI surgeries?
Collectively, Vishesh Jupiter Hospital specialists are accomplished in operating all types of general GI procedures and are up-to-date with the latest trends. At Vishesh Jupiter Hospital, our highly skilled and well-acclaimed GI surgeons provide advanced Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic, robotic and traditional procedures for GI Cancers treatment, weight loss, and other complex procedures.
We are devoted to maintaining patient-focused care and a team-based approach to various GI surgeries, which are obtained by:
State of the art facilities: The Vishesh Jupiter Hospital GI surgeries department is a convenient entry point to the complete spectrum of digestive health care services. Our combined method for analyzing and treating gastrointestinal diseases means high-quality, organized care for you. Vishesh Jupiter Hospital doctors use cutting edge technology, such as gastrointestinal ultrasound, to analyze and treat digestive conditions.
Our Team: Backed with the most advanced equipment, our highly experienced team of surgical gastroenterologists provide diagnosis, guidance and treatment of several varieties of gastrointestinal diseases.
Technology We Use
Our specialists have the necessary expertise in procedures such as esophagogastrectomy, total gastrectomy, distal pancreatectomy, radical pancreatoduodenectomy, and small bowel resection. We provide many minimally-invasive surgical options, including:
- Laparoscopic colon resection
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic pancreatectomy
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Sphincter-sparing surgery for low cancers
- Laparoscopic gastrectomy
What are the Services We Provide at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital?
Our Surgeons in the Department of GI surgeries provide state-of-the-art surgical care for diseases of the gastrointestinal system, including:
Cancers and other tumors:
- Abdominal wall
- Bile ducts
- Distal esophagus
- Large intestine (colon)
- Small intestine
Benign (non-cancerous) disorders:
- Bowel obstruction – small and large bowel structures
- Crohn’s disease
- Gallbladder and bile ducts
- Gastric outlet obstruction
- Gastroesophageal l reflux disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Hernia (Hiatal, umbilical, incisional, inguinal)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Peptic ulcers
- Ulcerative colitis
What are the Various Surgical Procedures for GI at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital?
Minimally Invasive GI Surgical Procedures
Our GI surgeries department offers minimally invasive surgery, or laparoscopic surgery, to operate with small incisions. With minimally invasive surgery, patients usually have less blood loss, lower risk of infection, less pain, and smaller scars.
Listed below are some forms of laparoscopic procedures that are done to treat GI conditions:
- Adrenalectomy - This method removes growth in the adrenal glands. The adrenal glands are located on top of the kidneys and produce hormones required to properly support the bodywork.
- Appendectomy - This method is used to remove the appendix.
- Bariatric Surgery - This method helps in making the stomach smaller, which aids in weight loss.
- Cholecystectomy - This method treats gallstones by eliminating the gallbladder. It has few risks to it, and recovery time is generally short.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery - This type of surgery treats conditions of the large intestine (comprising the rectum, colon, and anus).
- Foregut Surgery - This is regularly adopted to treat conditions of the upper GI tract. It includes the esophagus, stomach, or upper segment of the small intestines.
- Hiatal Hernia Repair - This method can fix hiatal hernias and paraesophageal hernias. A hiatal hernia is an opening in the diaphragm that might make the stomach or other abdominal organs move up into the chest. It can lead to heartburn, discomfort with eating, chest or abdominal pain, or shortness of breath.
- Nissen - This surgery is utilized to treat patients with severe gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD), also called gastric reflux. People who suffer from chronic acid reflux often describe feeling a burning sensation in their throats, chests, or mouths.
- Nephrectomy - This method can be used to eliminate a diseased or cancerous kidney.
- Pancreatic Surgery - Depending on the circumstances, this procedure can sometimes be implemented in treating different pancreatic conditions.
- Retroperitoneum Surgery - This operation is usually used for the treatment of testicular cancer.
- Splenectomy - This type of procedure involves cutting out the spleen.
Open GI Surgical Procedures
Traditional open surgical procedures include:
- Abdominal Surgery - Our specialists perform a range of different abdominal surgeries.
- Adrenalectomy - In this surgery, the doctor removes one or both adrenal glands. The adrenal glands are located on top of the kidneys and produce hormones required to help the bodywork perfectly.
- Appendectomy - This is a routine emergency surgery to extract the appendix.
- Nissen fundoplication - This operation strengthens the muscle in between the stomach and esophagus tube. It is adapted to operate on patients with intense acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Roux-en-Y - This surgery typically bypasses or joins the intestines. It is regularly used to deal with obesity or severe reflux.
- Whipple Procedure (Pancreaticoduodenectomy) - This is a complex surgery generally needed to treat cancer or other growths in or on the pancreas.