Dr. Vasant Dakwale is a senior most neurosurgeon of Indore with experience of 38 year’s in this field. He completed MBBS from Gandhi Medical College Bhopal in 1974 and Mch. Neurosurgery from TN Medical College, Mumbai in 1982. He established department of Neurosurgery Choitram Hospital and Research Center Indore from 1984 to 2015. At present he is a consultant Neurosurgeon at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital Indore. He was a visiting fellow at Regional Neurological Center, New Castle General Hospital, new castle upon time (UK) 1995. He is presented Various Paper’s in National and International Conferences in publish paper’s. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Head Injury,Lumbar & Cervical Dis prolapse Surgery,Trigeminal Neulegia - Radio frequency Ablation,Endoscopic Spine Surgery and Spine tumor surgery, Brain tumor, Anurysmal surgery, Stereotactic surgery, Endoscopic Pitutary Surgery etc.
- MCh (Neuro Surgery) form Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, Bombay,1982
- MBBS from Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, 1974
- Tutor in department of Neurosurgery BYL Nair hospital Mumbai | 1981-1982
- Senior consultant Neurosurgeon at Ispat General Hospital, Raurkela | 1982-1983
- Honorary consultant Neurosurgeon at Choithram Hospital &Research Center Indore | 1984-2015
- Currently associated as Consultant at Vishesh Jupiter Hospital, Indore.
- Life member Neurological society of India
- Member of Congress of Neurological surgeons U.S.A
- Past Secretary of Neuro Trauma Society of India
- Past President of Neuro Trauma Society of India
- On Editorial Board-Indian Journal of Neuro Surgery.
- Founder President “REEDH” self help group of Paraplegics.
- Neurological Surgeon society of Indian- Founder member.
- Indian Society of Pediatric Neuro Surgery.
- Indian society of Stereotactic and functional Neurosurgery.
- Fonder member Neuro Club - Indore President of Indian society of epilepsy M.P chapter
- Traumatic epidural haematoma “ Indian Journal of Surgery” 1985
- Transnasal repair of delayed CSF rhinorrhea. “Indian journal of Otolaryngology and head and neck surgery” 1990
- Unusual case of middle ear rhabdomyosarcoma with intra cranial extension “Indian journal of otolaryngology and head and neck surgery.
- Orbital dermoid with intracranial extension in Indian Journal of Ophthalmology Journal
- Participated in the CRASH International trial for Head Injury.
- “CT guided biopsy of deep seated brain tumors” - Annual conference of Neurological society of India, Indore, 1990..
- Posterior fixation with Hartshill rectangle for Traumatic spine - 2nd National Neurotrauma conference, Madurai, 1992
- “Join hands” on preventive aspect of Neurotraum -6th national Neurotrauma conference, Banaras, 1997
- Stereotactic haematoma evacuation and clot lysis with urokinase -3rd National conference of ISSFN, Pune 2000
- Sitting position in Neurosurgery is it obsolete? In 4th Annual conference of Skull base society of India, Mumbai 2004. Guest faculty.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Treatment options with Radiofrequency lesioning, in 53rd
- Annual conference of Neurological Society of India 2004 and in 4th Asian Congress of Neurosurgeons at Karachi in March 2005
- Stereotactic evacuation and total excision of colloid cyst at 13th WFNS at Morocco in June 2005.
- Invited as Guest speaker by Association of Surgeons of Indore in the annual conference in 1984. I spoke on “Recent advances in the management of head injury.”
- Invited as guest speaker by the Indian Medical association to the annual conference at Bhopal in 1985 to speak on “Head injury and management.”
- I have been invited by the ophthalmological society of Indore to speak on Pituitary Tumors.
- Invited as guest faculty at MP orthopedic association annual conference I spoke on Instrumentation in cervical spine injury management. Raipur 2002
- Invited as guest speaker at Asian Oceania Neurotrauma Society conference, 2012 where I spoke on Indian Guidelines for Head Injury Management, held at Taiwan.
- Guest faculty at 3rd National Conference of N.S.S. I at Rishikesh.
- Presidential Oration. National Neuro Trauma Conference. -Rehabilitation of spinal cord injury Patients