Dr. Apurva Garg is a superspecialist Head and Neck oncosurgeon with over 14 years experience in evidence based comprehensive cancer care. He has been trained at the world renowned Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai followed by consultancy at premier high volume tertiary oncology centers across India. He has helped transform many lives with ethical, scientific, compassionate and best in class care. He has numerous research publications, presentations at national and international levels. Dr. Garg has wide global exposure of the superspeciality with keen interest in clinical research, academics, public health and mentoring new talents.
M.B.B.S .. MS.FACS FELLOWS(TMH Mumbai)
14 years in Head & Neck Onco surgery
- American Head and Neck Society
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Asia Pacific Thyroid Society
- Korean Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncologists
Surgeries of oral cavity, thyroid, salivary glands, larynx, para nasal sinuses, their reconstructive procedures and rehabilitation. Special interest in NBI, FEES, pre-malignant lesions of oral cavity, anti-tobacco advocacy and public health
- Arjun Singh, Apurva Garg, Dushyant Mandlik, Vincent Vander Poorten, Snehal G Patel, James Paul O'Neill et al Assessing the quality of life of head and neckhealthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic-A self-reported global cross-sectional questionnaire study by the International Federation of Head and NeckOncologic Societies. J Surg Oncol. 2021 Sep;124(4):476-482.
- . Garg A, Mair M, Sanghvi H, Bhati M, Malik A, Mishra A et al Adequacy of surgical margins in oral cancer patients with respect to various types of reconstructions. South Asian J Cancer 2019.
- .Jain V, Garg A, Parascandola M, Chaturvedi P, Khariwala SS, Stepanov I. Analysis of Alkaloids in Areca Nut-Containing Products by Liquid Chromatography–Tandem Mass Spectrometry. J Agric Food Chem. 2017:65 (9);1977-83.
- . Khariwala S, Garg A, Stepanov I, Gupta PC, Ahluwalia JS, Gota V, Chaturvedi P.Point-of-Sale tobacco advertising remains prominent in Mumbai, India. Tob Regul Sci. 2016;2(3):230-8.
- Garg A, Chaturvedi P, Mishra A, Datta S. A review on harmful effects of pan masala. Ind J Cancer.2015;52(4):663-6.
- Mishra A, Chaturvedi P, Datta S, Nag S, Joshi P, Garg A. Harmful effects of nicotine. Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology.2015;36(1):24-31
- Garg A, Chaturvedi P, Gupta PC. A systemic review of adverse effects of Areca nut or betel nut. Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology.2014; 35(1).
- life line express ( the world’s finest hospital on train ) member of the team led by Dr. Pankaj chaturvedi that performed the first cancer surgery in the world on a train 24th -25th Dec. 2016 at Satna (M.P.)
- Part of core group of International Federation of Head Neck Oncologic Societies
- Member executive committee federation of Head and Neck oncology India
- Author of book chapters in text books on oncology.
- Endoscopic & HN Dissection course with da Vinci system, April 25 th 2019 Yonsei Cancer Hospital, Seoul South Korea.
- Tata Memorial Hospital – Mumbai
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center – New York USA
- American College of Surgeons