Dr. Akshay Surana is Consultant, Laboratory Medicine & Pathology at Vishesh Jupiter. Well versed with the ancillary techniques like Immunohistochemistry, Cytochemistry and flow cytometry analysis with intensive experience in the field.
- Fellowship (Cytopathology)
- MD Pathology
- As an Assistant Professor in R.D.Gardi Medical College, Ujjain (November 2020 – till date)
- Working as a Histopathologist at SRL diagnostics, Mumbai (November 2019 – October 2020)
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at Aurabindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore (March 2019 - November 2019)
- Worked as an Assistant Professor/Fellow of Cytopathology in BKL Walawalkar Medical college, Ratnagiri (affiliated to Tata Memorial Hospital,Mumbai) (December 2017 - December 2018)
- Observership in Cytopathology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai (January 2017 - March 2017)
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at Aurabindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore (September 2016- November 2017)
- Clinical and histology features as predictor of severity of mucormycosis in post-COVID-19 patients: An experience from a rural tertiary setting in Central India | Kavita Jain, Akshay Surana, Tej Singh Choudhary, Sudhakar Vaidya, Shirish Nandedkar and Manju Purohit, SAGE Open Medicine Volume 10:1–8| https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/20503121221074785
- Raised PDW Common Hematological Parameters as a prognostic & Recovery Survival Index of Plasmodium Vivax Malariafor Acute Disease| Dr Akshay Surana, Journalof medicalsciencesandclinical research Volume04 Issue 10 October 13389-92.
- Abnormal Platelets Indices is Significant Hematological Parameters as a Prognostic & Recovery Tool of Plasmodium Vivex Malaria for Acute Disease with Illness | Dr Akshay Surana, Journal of medical sciences and clinical research Volume 05 Issue 04 October 21148-51.
- RaisedRed CellDistributionWidthasaRiskAssessmentPrognosticTool ForPostMyocardial InfarctionPatients | Dr Akshay Surana, Journalof medicalsciencesandclinical research Volume 05 Issue04 October 21152-57.
- Cytodiagnosis of Pigmented Basal Cell Carcinoma - A Case Report with Brief Review of Literature | Rajeshwari K, Nikumbh D.B, Dravid NV, Akshay Surana, Indian Journal of Pathology and Oncology, July – September 2015;2(3);172-74.
- Cytodiagnosis of primary actinomycotic mycetoma of the foot | S.S. Desale, D. B. Nikumbh,S N Kanthikar, Akshay Surana. J Interdiscipl Histopathol 2015; 3(1): 42-44.
- AcuteEosinophilic Appendicitis: Casereportof threecases withbriefreview ofliterature|Rajeshwari K,N.V. Dravid,Karibasappa ,Akshay Surana,Annalsof AppliedBio-Sciences,Vol.2;Issue2:2015.
- Pigmented Basal Cell Carcinoma of Vulva: An Unusual Clinico- Histomorphological Finding | Kanthikar S. N., Nikumbh D. B., Dravid N V, Akshay Surana, Indian Journal of Pathology and Oncology, July – September 2015;2(3);179-181.
- Original Article:Helicobacter pylori Associated Gastritis in Northern Maharashtra, India: A Histopathological Study of Gastric Mucosal Biopsies | P. Mujawar, D. B. Nikumbh, K. H.Suryawanshi, P. S. Pagare, Akshay Surana, Journalof Clinicaland DiagnosticResearch.2015 Jun,Vol-9(6):EC04-EC064.
- Ovarian Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumour in Childhood: Uncommon Gynecological Malignancy | D.B. Nikumbh, K.H.Suryawanshi, A.M.Chitale, P. Pagare, Akshay Surana, Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014 Oct, Vol-8(10): FL01-FL02.
- Giant Borderline Phyllodes Tumor of the Breast: A Cytohistopathological Correlation with Brief Review of Literature | D. B. Nikumbh, N.V. Dravid, S. N. Kanthikar, Akshay Surana, Int J Med Health Sci. July 2014,Vol- 3;Issue-3.
- Tubulo-lobular carcinoma: an unusual mixed invasive carcinoma of the breast | D. B. Nikumbh, S.N. Kanthikar, AkshaySurana,InternationalJournalof MedicalScienceandPublicHealth|2014|Vol3|Issue8.
- Congenital Pouch Colon: A Rare Variant of Anorectal Malformation: Histopathological Perspective with Brief Review of Literature | D. B. Nikumbh, K. H. Suryawanshi , Akshay Surana , J Interdiscipl Histopathol 2014; 2(3):173-178.
- Histomorphological Analysisof LesionsInNephrectomy Specimens:A4Years Study InARuralHospital InIndia- Our Experience | K. H. Suryawanshi , R. P. Damle , N.V.Dravid, Akshay Surana, Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vol. 4, Issue 3, May-June, 2017.
9:30 am - 6 pm Monday to Saturday